Dr. Ghoraani joined the Department of Computer & Electrical Engineering at Florida Atlantic University in 2016. Prior to that, she was an Assistant Professor at the Department of Biomedical Engineering (2012-2016). Dr. Ghoraani serves as a reviewer for several journals and international conferences, as well as national and international grant agencies. She is the Associate Editor of BioMedical Engineering OnLine (BMEO) Journal. Dr. Ghoraani has also been active in professional societies, serving as the Chair of the Young Professionals Sub-committee of the IEEE Signal Processing Society, the Assistant editor of the IEEE Signal Processing Newsletter, coordinator of IEEE Canada Women in Engineering (WIE), chair of IEEE Toronto WIE, and vice-chair of IEEE Toronto Signal Processing Section, in addition to serving as program committee member and technical program coordinator for several IEEE conferences including IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference (EMBC) 2020 and IEEE Life Sciences 2019, '18.
Dr. Ghoraani's research has primarily focused on generating clinically relevant engineering solutions to tackle significant bottlenecks in data analytics with an emphasis on computer-aided clinical decision making, long-term and continuous health monitoring, remote and personalized therapeutic management, non-stationary and multidimensional signal analysis, adaptive signal feature extraction, and traditional and deep learning machine learning. Her research received the best paper awards of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society in 2016 and the Gordon K. Moe Young Investigator Award in 2015. Dr. Ghoraani has over 70 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers, one book, two book chapters, and two patents. Her research has been funded by research grants from the National Institute of Health, National Science Foundation, and Florida Department of Health.
Read about Dr. Ghoraani's research in GoogleScholar.
Find Dr. Ghoraani's CV here.
- Postdoc, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Medicine, University of Toronto
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ryerson University
- M.Sc., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology
- B.Sc., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- Deep Learning
- Digital Signal Processing
- Biomedical Signal Analysis
- Numerical and Statistical Analysis of Complex Biosystems
- Biomedical signals and Systems Analysis
- Computations in Genetic Engineering
- Electronics and Biomedical Sensors